Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Watch Hobby Journey

Being a total watch noob, I only knew I liked Panerai Watches and thats it! As long there is a crown protector, I will know that its a Panerai Watch.

Before I start, then I had heard of people spending tens of thousands, some even hundreds of thousands on just a watch and I seriously thought these bunch of watch fanatics are crazy and I consider them to be lunatics....I have since jumped onto the lunatic bandwagon and became a lunatic as well...

Being the typical guy next door, I had pretty shallow pockets, "dough" was never enough, I would spend more on my cars, changing them "regularly" at least once a year much to the dismay of my loved ones around me....back then cars "were" indeed my passion and I was deeply "poisoned" to say the least.

Ok fast forward to 2009 where I started being more interested in watches, mainly under the influence of my buddies, Daniel and Loner hahaha where Daniel started off collecting Bell & Ross Watches and Loner Vintage Rolexes. Wow! I was intrigued by the mass variety of brands available on the market and there were only a handful of brands that was more popular and I was interested in. Namely Rolex, Panerai, AP, Patek Phillipe, etc

My first real automatic swiss watch, a Maurice Lacroix Pontos Chrono. It is running on an ETA 7750 modified movement, though it wasn't an in house movement, I still loved it and kept it carefully and only bringing it out to wear whenever there was an event important and big enough for me to put it on.

Till today which is only a year and three quarters, the watch is still with me safely kept in my Mitch & Marc watch display case. I still wear it albeit less often compared to in the beginning. Its getting alot less wrist time as compared to my PAMs and Rolexes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment